As a Transportation Volunteer, I agree:
- To obey all traffic laws, speed limits, etc. whether operating a DVGRR van or my own vehicle.
- That I will not drive any DVGRR dog while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If DVGRR suspects you have done so, you will be removed from the Transport Team. If you are ever convicted of a DUI driving any vehicle, you will be removed from the Transport Team.
- That I will transport dog(s) directly to Golden Gateway unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- To not bring my own dog(s) along on a transport (due to possible exposure to disease or incompatibility of dogs).
- That the dog(s) will not be placed in dangerous situations (e.g., riding in an open pickup truck or left unattended in a car).
- That when not directly supervised, I will keep the dog(s) in a secure area, preferably a crate, that will ensure its safety.
- That I will not allow the dog(s) off leash except in a securely fenced area, and that I will not use chains or tie outs as a substitute for exercise.
- That I will immediately notify the Kennel Manager in the event the dog shows any signs of aggression, is food- or toy-possessive, or exhibits predatory behavior toward other animals.
- That I will never administer physical punishment or physical discipline to the dog beyond a light collar correction, and that if there is a problem beyond my capability, I will immediately contact the Kennel Manager.
- That I will not photograph the dogs I am transporting unless I am directed to do so by DVGRR staff to document dog’s condition. If so, I understand these photos are the property of DVGRR and I will not post them on any social media sites or anywhere on the Internet.
DVGRR will require a copy of your driver’s license before you can operate any DVGRR vehicles. It will be kept in the Executive Director’s safe.